Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We are Champions at work!

Hey everyone!

So I apologize for not issuing my second installment of This Week in Sustainability, I hope you liked it, I sure did! Check it out here!

I tried to write up a little something Friday night, but I was wiped out from a day's worth of competition.  I will provide a write up soon on this as well, but in brief, Los Angeles Trade and Technical College participated in and totally rocked the State Level of Skills USA in San Diego!

In an impressive sweep, our school pulled in 10 gold medals, as well as getting 4th place in  highest membership growth, earning the title of Mega Chapter!



We are looking forward to seeing our gold medalists representing California in the National Level, Kansas City at the end of June!  Please check back in to see our progress!

So without further ado, I present to you the winners of Skills USA California, from LA Trade and Technical College.


CHAPTER DISPLAY
Isai German – Gold
Isabel Arroyo - Gold

COLLISION REPAIR TECHNOLOGY
Dshawn Washington - Bronze

COMMERCIAL BAKING
Laurie Worthy - Silver

COMPUTER MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY
Oscar Zapata - Gold
Gus Ahumada - Bronze

COSMETOLOGY
Jose Jimenez - Gold
Janelle Mercado- Silver
Marla Bood - Bronze

DIESEL EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
Miguel Rodriguez  - Gold

PRECISION MACHINING TECHNOLOGY
Bennett Mills - Bronze

PLUMBING
Mark Reed - Gold

TEAMWORKS
Lawrence Molbury - Gold
Igor Dashevsky - Gold
Victor Canales - Gold
Jose Esparza - Gold

Also please enjoy this promotional video made by one of the contestants from the competition.  I'm not sure which school this is, but was uploaded by TheAntiNormal on Youtube.



No comments:

Post a Comment